Learn how to find the best air mattress for everyday use
If you’ve ever experienced the agony of driving over ten hours in a car, crammed, on your way to a relative’s home and looking forward to nothing but a soft, comfortable bed to rest in but end up being utterly disappointed when you find that you will once again be sleeping on the floor, then you have come to the right place!
Most comfortable air mattress
CLICK TO LEARN MORE
Best high-profile air mattress
CLICK TO LEARN MORE
What better way to awake the following morning than on a portable, yet comfortable, inflatable bed? The days of waking to a stiff and sore back will be a thing of the past after diving into this review of the most comfortable inflatable beds
The Best Air Mattresses for Everyday Use
SoundAsleep Dream Series Air Mattress
CLICK FOR PRICE
Although just a temporary measure, you will soon find yourself competing between this air mattress and your actual bed. With a smooth inflation process, this mattress can stay inflated throughout the night, all while giving you the much-needed rest you need to wake up energized.
Here are some of the key features:
- Available in Queen size, making it ideal for both single sleepers and couples.
- Forty internal coils provide additional support.
- Multilayered, thick, waterproof top that is plush to the touch.
- The internal pump allows for fast and easy inflation and deflation.
With a weight capacity of 500 lbs., this mattress is more than capable of supporting an average couple or even a single sleeper who just so happens to like extra support! Houseguests will not only appreciate this high-quality mattress but will also get great comfortable sleep away from home.
One of the best features that air beds have to offer is that simply maximizing inflation will provide the variance needed for those that like a firmer bed, or slight deflation will reduce firmness for those requiring a more giving mattress.
The impressive thing about this bed was not just its comfortability, but rather its ability to provide adequate support for a restful night of sleep. Regardless of whoever ends up sleeping on this mattress, they will surely not be disappointed!
A built-in pump provides ease of access
Air leaks are nearly non-existent
“Sure-Grip” bottom provides anti-slip protection
Waterproof top that is plush to the touch
Middle part slightly higher than corners
AirMattress Raised Inflatable Bed
CLICK FOR PRICE
With the look of a real bed, great overall support, and comfortability for any number of sleeping positions, this model is a top contender for the best blow-up mattress currently available.
Main characteristics for this bed include:
- Topper and bed skirt included giving it the look of a real bed and adding a hint of luxury to the overall design.
- Features several layers of material to include vinyl and nylon for added strength and durability.
- The built-in pump quickly inflates the mattress.
- 60-day manufacturer money-back guarantee
Designed to be thicker than most other air mattresses, it offers comfort that is hardly attained by thinner, less supportive air mattresses.
Overall, this bed was fully supportive and had the necessary ‘bounce’ to ensure a restful and relaxing night of sleep.
Comfortable for those that sleep in multiple positions
Topper and bed skirt included giving it a more elegant look
Quick inflation and deflation
Easy to use with a built-in pump
The built-in pump is noisy
Coleman Airbed Cot
CLICK FOR PRICE
With its comfortability, practicality, and reliability, this top-rated bed is well-deserving of all the positive comments and reviews.
This model is well known for these features:
- Includes a folding steel frame that can serve as an additional sleeping surface or a supportive base.
- Supports up to 600 lbs.
- Features an internal ComfortStrong coil system that provided bounciness and support.
- The battery pump provides quick inflation and deflation.
- A sewn-in cover keeps the mattress in place and does not allow it to move on the frame.
The well thought out construction of this bed allows it to resemble that of an actual bed while simultaneously enabling you to take it outside without having to worry about accidental punctures.
This remains one of my top favorite inflatable beds for its versatility, level of comfort, and well-executed construction
Supportive and bouncy
Comfortable in multiple sleeping positions
Elevated sleeping surface through the steel frame
Included batter pump is easily portable and fast
Metal construction makes it heavy
Intex Comfort Plush Mid Ruse Dura-Beam Airbed
CLICK FOR PRICE
If the price is one of your main constraints, there is a smaller and cheaper model that still provides the support and comfort needed for a good night of sleep.
The main features include:
- The interior construction showcases the enhanced Fiber-Tech system, which consists of the added high-strength fibers for more support and durability.
- Easy to use a built-in electric pump which quickly inflates and deflates the bed.
- Sides and top feature waterproof flocked material.
- Dual air pillow top and enhanced edge construction for added comfort.
The combination of high-quality materials along with the added features makes this bed great for the occasional indoor use.
Its features and combination of materials, along with the affordability of this bed, make it an ideal candidate for those looking for a quality air mattress while staying within budget
Comfortable across a wide range of sleeping positions
The built-in pump makes it easy to inflate and deflate.
Nearly zero air loss
Waterproof top and sides
Needed time to dispel the slight off-gassing
Coleman SupportRest Elite Air Bed
CLICK FOR PRICE
Highly supportive, comfortable, and excellent at keeping its shape, this air mattress has many reasons to be amongst the top air mattress currently available.
Some of its key features include:
- Features enforced ComfortStrong interior coil construction for an even sleeping surface and increased support.
- The built-in electric pump allows for fast and easy inflation and deflation.
- Raised edged keep pillows in place throughout the night.
- Features AirTight system, preventing air from leaking during use.
The best overall feature is its edge support. Whether you are sleeping alone or alongside someone else, you can rest assured that the raised edges and heavy-duty materials will keep you from rolling off while you sleep.
Although designed for occasional use, this camping air bed helped me get restful and comfortable sleep every time. This is genuinely a top competitor for anyone looking for some much-needed rest.
Bouncy and supportive
The built-in electric pump inflates and deflates the bed quickly
Overall comfort in multiple sleeping positions
It can be inflated using a regular hand pump
Occasional air leak has been noticed
CLICK FOR PRICE
Available in both Twin and Queen, this bed is as comfortable as it is supportive, not leaving a whole lot to be desired from this well-constructed bed.
Key features include:
- Forty internal air coils provide added support and contouring, allowing for restful sleep with no morning pain.
- Raised borders keep pillows in place.
- The skid-proof bottom keeps this bed in place.
- The built-in pump is powerful enough to inflate and deflate in 5 minutes.
- It does not take up much space
This bed is nearly perfect for its thought-out design, use of material, and convenience. It is comfortable, supportive, and reliable, which makes for a great product sure to stand the test of time
Inflates and deflates within 5 minutes
Comfortable across multiple sleeping positions
Raised edges offer more sleeping surface
Without an AirTight system
Things That Make Air Beds Awesome
In their earlier years, air mattresses were novel and commonly had significant design flaws. This, coupled with the initial high prices, led to the overall dissatisfaction of customers looking for quality, reasonably priced air mattresses. However, with years of adjustments and modifications now in place, air mattresses have proven to be an excellent alternative for those looking to create a temporary or occasional sleeping place for themselves or their guests.
Benefits of air mattresses include:
- Perfect sleeping quarters in a matter of minutes. The majority of newer air mattresses come with built-in pumps which allows for easy and quick setup and takedown.
- Firmness customization through the manipulation of air inside the mattress.
- Lightweight and easy to store, air mattresses can often be rolled up and placed into a bag, which is usually included with most modern air beds.
- Affordable than an actual mattress that you may or may not need to move and can serve you just as long through proper care.
- Easy to create extra sleeping room for guests. With added comfortable sheets and pillows, an air bed can quickly transform into a restful sanctuary for those needing rest.
With all the benefits air beds have to offer, it’s no surprise that people can become overwhelmed when searching for the perfect one.
Worth thinking about when searching for the perfect air bed:
- Support and comfort. An air bed is useless if it does not meet a certain standard of support and comfortability to those that it will serve.
- Be sure that you have adequate space for the size you will choose. If you have more than enough room, a Queen bed will be the perfect remedy for any number of last-minute sleeping necessities.
- Consider this if you or your guests are older. Being too low to the ground may make it difficult to get up from the bed and could lead to potential problems over time.
- As durable as they are, air mattresses are prone to accidents, and it’s best to be covered than to have to spend double on a proper bed.
- Pumps can make or break an air bed. Their convenience and flexibility can be the definitive factor between a decent bed and a truly great air mattress. Newer pumps feature sensors that can detect and automatically add air when air pressure gets too low.
- Some of the most comfortable inflatable beds feature two separate inner chambers, allowing for dual sleepers to regulate each side to their preferences. This makes it the ideal bed for couples.
How to Use Your New Mattress Like a Pro: Helpful Tips and Tricks
Consider the following if you are looking to prolong the life of your air bed while simultaneously making the best use of its features:
- Regardless of how comfortable the material is, it’s always best to use sheets. They create a familiar feel and make the bed look even more comfortable.
- If able, try to always place the bed on top of something soft like a rug or carpet. This will ensure that it squeaks less when you toss and turn throughout the night.
- As much as you’d like to have them join you, make sure that you are keeping your pets off of the air mattress. All it takes is for a furry paw to scratch the surface, and you’ll have an air bleed that will bring you to the floor.
- Adding a topper may be all you need to get the level of comfortability you are looking for.
- Be cautious not to overinflate the bed. This may result in accidental rips.
- Regardless of how firm and supportive the bed is, always abide by the weight limits. If often exceeded, you could cause permanent damage that will eventually ruin the mattress.
- When inflating the mattress for the first time, be sure to inflate it fully, let it sit for a few hours, and then inflate it a little more. New material will need time to stretch. If not, it may give the false impression that the bed has a leak when, in reality, the material is merely starting to stretch out.
Air mattresses have come a long way. Where they once stood as a luxury item with multiple flaws, there is now an abundance of them to meet the needs of just about anyone. From the more affordable side of the spectrum with basic features to the more luxurious high-tech beds, there has never been a better time to test out what these products have to offer. This is especially true during the holiday season when out-of-town friends and family often travel long distances and plan to stay a few days!
Overall, the most comfortable bed is the SoundAsleep Dream Series Air Mattress. With inner air coils, bouncy support, a multilayered waterproof surface, and an internal electric pump, this is the ideal option for a quality bed that you will be sure to use time and time again.